Anyone who has been to Bali already knows that there is no way that you are not going back to this heavenly place with it’s beautiful volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, coral reef and long stretch of beaches.
Table of Contents
Casual is Key
The best time to go to Bali is during the dry seasons as the humidity is somewhat lower compared to other times. Being casual in Bali is key. It doesn’t matter which upmarket restaurant you go to, you can be casual as light clothes goes perfectly with Bali. Its unwritten decorums regarding clothing is perhaps one of the subliminal things that makes the island a relaxation heaven from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Bali is big on having tourists, it offers everything from accommodations having only the basic necessities to the very best of five-star hotels. Although, generally people tend to stay in Villas since it offers you the same comfort but with more privacy. In short, the choices are endless, it depends on you on how you want to spend your trip. If you want high end treatment plus you don’t want to miss out on the Bali vibes. We would highly recommend W Retreat & Spa.
Food and Drink
Bali offers a wide variety of items to choose from. With offerings from Indonesian staples plus other Asian, Mexican and Western favorites. And to add to that, even in the most expensive of places you’d find that it’s very cheap. You’d be shocked to find out that bintang is almost cheaper than water. Sarong, Ku De Ta, Potato Head, Motel Mexicola, Sminyak and The W are few places that you must check out when in Bali.
Places to See
There are endless places to see and admire in Bali. Some that immediately come to mind when you talk about Bali are.
- Warerbom Park: Very clean and effiecient. Plus you have the option of having cocktail from a poolside cabana. What more could you want?
- Mount Batur Volcano: Dine with stunning views of volcano surrounding lake.
- Lembongan Island cruise: take a cruise along with 200 others to a pontoon moored off the island of Lembongan.
- Bodyworks: It offers soothing spa treatment only at fractions of the cost that we are accustomed to.
The streets of Sminyak are filled with boutiques and surf brands.
- Mist: It is the one place you have to check out when you are in Bali. You’ll find beautiful summer frocks in hand printed fabrics of the softest rayon.
- Drifter Surf: If you are big on surfing, you need to go to this place at least once. Amazing coffee, free wifi. This is somewhat refreshing when you consider compared to the big surf names that dominate the city.
Overall Bali is a great city to travel to. It has many places to look around, many ways to enjoy yourself and most importantly it offers a very safe and relaxing environment. Something that everyone strives for in a perfect retreat.